from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition and quality of being godly, pious, scrupulously observant of all the teaching's of one's religion, practicing virtue and avoiding sin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Careful observance of, or conformity to, the laws of God; the state or quality of being godly; piety.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or quality of being godly; conformity to the will and law of God; piety.
- n. Synonyms Saintliness, Holiness, etc. See religion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. piety by virtue of being a godly person
Sorry, no etymologies found.