from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being holy; sanctity.
- n. Roman Catholic Church Used with His or Your as a title and form of address for a pope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being holy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being holy; perfect moral integrity or purity; freedom from sin; sanctity; innocence.
- n. The state of being hallowed, or consecrated to God or to his worship; sacredness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being holy or sinless; purity of moral character; perfect freedom from all evil; sanctity.
- n. The state of anything hallowed, or consecrated to God or to his worship; sacredness.
- n. Synonyms 1. Saintliness, Godliness, etc. See religion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being holy
Sorry, no etymologies found.