from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of forgiving; pardon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of forgiving.
- n. Readiness to forgive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of forgiving; the state of being forgiven.
- n. Disposition to pardon; willingness to forgive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of forgiving; the act of granting pardon, as for a wrong, offense, or sin; remission of an obligation, debt, or penalty; pardon.
- n. Disposition or willingness to forgive or pardon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of excusing a mistake or offense
- n. compassionate feelings that support a willingness to forgive
From forgiven + -ness. (Wiktionary)