from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being merciful; mercy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being merciful; tenderness toward the faults or needs of others; readiness to forgive offense or relieve suffering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the feeling that motivates compassion
- n. leniency and compassion shown toward offenders by a person or agency charged with administering justice
- n. a disposition to be kind and forgiving
Sorry, no etymologies found.