from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Leniency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Leniency: mercy or forgiveness in the assignment of punishment.
- n. A leniency: a specific act or instance of leniency.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being lenient; lenity; clemency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as leniency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lightening a penalty or excusing from a chore by judges or parents or teachers
- n. a disposition to yield to the wishes of someone
- n. mercifulness as a consequence of being lenient or tolerant
Sorry, no etymologies found.