from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An English noblewoman or gentlewoman.
- n. Used as a form of address for such a woman.
- n. A chic or fashionable woman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A noblewoman or gentlewoman; the form of address to such a person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lit., my lady; hence (as used on the Continent), an English noblewoman or gentlewoman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as miladi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an English noblewoman
French, from English, my lady.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)