from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes noise, especially a device such as a horn or rattle used to make noise at a party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or device that produces a great deal of noise, especially one used in a celebration or sporting event.
- n. A device comprised of a handle with a ratchet at one end, with the ratchet end contained within a box that serves as an echo chamber, so that swinging or moving the device causes the ratchet to rotate within the box, creating a series of loud clicking sounds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any device (such as a clapper or bell or horn) used to make a loud noise at a celebration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device (such as a clapper or bell or horn) used to make a loud noise at a celebration
noise + maker (Wiktionary)