from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who signals with or carries a flag.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man who carries a flag, especially one used for signalling
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes signals with a flag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A signal-man on a railway, who makes signals by means of flags.
- n. A flag-officer; an admiral.
Sorry, no etymologies found.