from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of the south, especially the southern United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A native or inhabitant of the south of a region (or of the world as a whole), such as the United Kingdom.
- n. Alternative capitalization of Southerner (someone from one of the southeastern United States).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inhabitant or native of the south, esp. of the Southern States of North America; opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant or a native of the south; a southern or southron; specifically, an inhabitant of the southern United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an American who lives in the South
Sorry, no etymologies found.