from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of the north, especially the northern United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A native or inhabitant of the north of a region (or of the world as a whole), such as one of the northern United States, the north of Norway, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One born or living in the north.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Northern States; -- contradistinguished from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of or a resident in the north, or in the northern part of any country, especially of a country divided into two distinct sections, a northern and a southern; specifically, a citizen of the north or northern United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an American who lives in the North (especially during the American Civil War)
- n. an inhabitant of the North
Sorry, no etymologies found.