from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of the west, especially the western United States.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A native or inhabitant of the west of a region (or of the world as a whole).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native or inhabitant of the west.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person belonging to the west, or to a western region; specifically , an inhabitant of the western part of the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inhabitant of a western area; especially of the U.S.
Sorry, no etymologies found.