from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An American migratory songbird (Dolichonyx oryzivorus), the male of which has black, white, and yellowish plumage. Also called reedbird; also called regionally maybird, ricebird.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American migratory songbird, Dolichonyx oryzivorus resembling a blackbird with the bill of a finch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An American singing bird (Dolichonyx oryzivorus). The male is black and white; the female is brown; -- called also, ricebird, reedbird, and Boblincoln.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An American oscine passerine bird, of the family Icteridæ and subfamily Agelœinæ, the Dolichonyx oryzivorus, named from its hearty voluble song in spring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. migratory American songbird
Imitative of its song.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)