from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive A Native American woman, especially a wife.
- n. Offensive Slang A woman or wife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman, wife; especially a Native American woman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A female; a woman, especially a married woman; a wife; -- in the language of Indian tribes of the Algonquin family, correlative of sannup.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female American Indian; an American Indian woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an American Indian woman
Massachusett squa, younger woman.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Massachusett word squàws (“woman”). Cognate with Ojibwe ikwe ("woman"). (Wiktionary)