from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a tendency to express warm, compassionate feelings
- n. concern for the feelings or welfare of others
- n. pain or discomfort when an affected area is touched
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being tender (in any sense of the adjective).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being tender, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of concern for the welfare of someone (especially someone defenseless)
- n. a pain that is felt (as when the area is touched)
- n. a tendency to express warm and affectionate feeling
- n. warm compassionate feelings
- n. a positive feeling of liking
Sorry, no etymologies found.