from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abnormal sensitivity to or intolerance of light, especially by the eyes, as may be caused by eye inflammation, lack of pigmentation in the iris, or various diseases.
- n. An abnormal or irrational fear of light.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symptom of excessive sensitivity to light and the aversion to bright light.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dread or intolerance of light.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An intolerance or dread of light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pain in the eye resulting from exposure to bright light (often associated with albinism)
- n. a morbid fear of light
Sorry, no etymologies found.