American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being juvenile; youthfulness.
- n. Foolishly juvenile behavior or character; immaturity.
- n. An instance of juvenile behavior.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being young; youthfulness, or a youthful manner or appearance.
- n. Anything characteristic of youth; a juvenile act or idea; juvenile crudity or volatility; a youthful proceeding or performance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. lacking and evidencing lack of experience of life
- n. the freshness and vitality characteristic of a young person
“You see, I did in truth chuckle at the original post, and decided that I would try to top it in terms of "juvenility".”
“The congregation then decanted itself out of the chapel -- the spirits of the people dancing with that remarkable buoyancy or juvenility which is felt after a thunderstorm, when the air is calm, soople, and balmy -- and all nature garmented with glittering verdure and light.”
“That kind of juvenility, along with its implication of skewing younger than the live-action”
“His juvenility prevented him from entering those universities, and so, in 1909, we find him a freshman at historic Bowdoin College.”
“I have always enjoyed admiration but this doe-eyed juvenility doesn't flatter in the slightest.”
“He had no patience with their excessive and amazing juvenility.”
“There is a strain of destructiveness that is just built into male juvenility.”
“Fond as I was of mia estimata amiko Forry Ackerman, to a lot of folks the very term “sci-fi” helps perpetuate the implications of mindless juvenility which science fiction as a literary genre has been trying to escape for decades.”
“Maybe they do remember Witold Gombrowicz and, just like him, they desire culture without all this juvenility and senile atrophy, butterflies and rainbows, dust and exaltation, patriotic and pseudo-intellectual demands.”
“Ezra has a hilariously unexpected comparison -- the juvenility of the McCain and Howard Dean campaigns.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘juvenility’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for juvenility.