from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A first-year student at the U.S. Military Academy or the U.S. Naval Academy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a first year student at a US military academy; a cadet
- n. common person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The common people; the mob.
- n. A member of the lowest class in the military academy at West Point; also, a freshman at any military or naval academy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. 1. The common people; the populace; plebs; plebeians.
- n. A member of the lowest class in the United States naval and military academies; a freshman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a military trainee (as at a military academy)
Probably short for plebeian.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)