from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being pubescent.
- n. The attainment or onset of puberty.
- n. A covering of soft down or short hairs, as on certain plants and insects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being in or reaching puberty.
- n. A covering of fine, soft hairs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being pubescent, or of having arrived at puberty.
- n. A covering of soft short hairs, or down, as one some plants and insects; also, the state of being so covered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The coming of puberty, or attaining to puberty; the state of being pubescent; puberty.
- n. Hairiness; especially, the fine soft hairs of various insects, etc.; lanugo.
- n. In botany: The condition or character of being pubescent.
- n. The down or hair which grows on many plant-surfaces. See pubescent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time of life when sex glands become functional
Sorry, no etymologies found.