from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being good.
- n. The beneficial or nutritious part.
- interj. Used to express mild surprise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or characteristic of being good.
- n. The good, nutritional, healthy part or content of something.
- n. God.
- n. The moral qualities which constitute Christian excellence; moral virtue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being good in any of its various senses; excellence; virtue; kindness; benevolence
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being good, in any sense; excellence; purity; virtue; grace; benevolence.
- n. In exclamatory use, a term of emphasis; “gracious”: as, my goodness! no; for goodness' sake, tell me what it is.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. that which is pleasing or valuable or useful
- n. moral excellence or admirableness
good + -ness (Wiktionary)