from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of having value or merit.
- n. The result or product of having value or merit.
- n. The state or quality of being qualified or eligible.
- n. The result or product of being qualified or eligible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being worthy; desert; merit; excellence; dignity; virtue; worth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being worthy; honor; excellence; dignity; virtue; merit; desert.
- n. Synonyms See worth, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality or state of having merit or value
worthy + -ness (Wiktionary)