from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being honest; integrity.
- n. Truthfulness; sincerity: in all honesty.
- n. Archaic Chastity.
- n. Botany A European plant (Lunaria annua) cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round, flat, papery, silver-white seedpods. Also called money plant, satin flower, silver dollar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act, quality, or condition of being honest; to be truthful
- n. Any of various crucifers in the genus Lunaria, several of which are grown as ornamentals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Honor; honorableness; dignity; propriety; suitableness; decency.
- n. The quality or state of being honest; probity; fairness and straightforwardness of conduct, speech, etc.; integrity; sincerity; truthfulness; freedom from fraud or guile.
- n. Chastity; modesty.
- n. Satin flower; the name of two cruciferous herbs having large flat pods, the round shining partitions of which are more beautiful than the blossom; -- called also lunary and moonwort. Lunaria biennis is common honesty; Lunaria rediva is perennial honesty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or quality of being honest or honorable; upright disposition or conduct; sincerity; honor; virtue.
- n. Specifically— Chastity; virtuous reputation; honor.
- n. The virtue of respecting the property rights of others; the absence of any disposition to cheat, steal, or lie.
- n. Decency; good manners.
- n. Liberality.
- n. Credit; reputation.
- n. In botany, a name of several plants, especially of a small cruciferous plant, Lunaria annua (L. biennis): so called from the transparency of its dissepiments. The perennial honesty is L. rediviva; the maiden's-honesty is Clematis Vitalba.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration
- n. the quality of being honest
From Old French honesté (French: honnêteté) (honest + -y). (Wiktionary)