from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An argument; a go-round.
- n. An evasive excuse; a runaround.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An abort of a final approach where the pilot circles the airport to make another attempt at landing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A landing approach that fails and gives way to another attempt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. go around the flank of (an opposing army)
- v. be sufficient
- v. avoid something unpleasant or laborious
- v. become widely known and passed on
- v. turn on or around an axis or a center
- n. an approach that fails and gives way to another attempt
Sorry, no etymologies found.