from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To move from one place to another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To move or travel (from one location to another).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To change location; move, travel, or proceed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To move from one place to another.
- In biology, to effect a change of place: as, a medusa which locomotes toward the light.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically
Back-formation from locomotion.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Back formation from locomotion. (Wiktionary)