from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of spurt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Archaic spelling of spurt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. Same as spurt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See spurt, spurt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the occurrence of a sudden discharge (as of liquid)
- v. gush forth in a sudden stream or jet
- v. move or act with a sudden increase in speed or energy
Sorry, no etymologies found.