from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Spirited vigor: "There is not much oomph in the economy, but there is nothing seriously pushing it down” ( Murray L. Weidenbaum).
- n. Slang Physical or sexual attractiveness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Strength, power, passion or effectiveness; clout.
- n. Sex appeal.
- n. A bassy grunting or thudding sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activeness of an energetic personality
- n. attractiveness to the opposite sex
Expressive of exertion.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)