from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sibilant sound: the whoosh of the high-speed elevator.
- n. A swift movement or flow; a rush or spurt.
- intransitive v. To make a soft sibilant sound.
- intransitive v. To move or flow swiftly with or as if with such a sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A breathy sound like that of an object passing at high speed.
- v. To make a breathy sound like a whoosh.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. gush or squirt out
- n. the noise produced by the sudden rush of a fluid (a gas or liquid)
- v. move with a whooshing sound
- v. move with a sibilant sound
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)