from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sharp hollow sound, as of a horse's hoof striking pavement.
- intransitive v. To make or move with this sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sound of a horse's shod hoof striking the ground.
- v. To make this sound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sound of a horse's hoofs hitting on a hard surface
- v. make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)