from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dull heavy sound, as of something dropped on a surface.
- intransitive v. To move or fall heavily with a dull sound: flumped onto the sofa.
- transitive v. To place or drop with a flump.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to move or fall heavily, or with a dull sound
- v. to drop something heavily or with a dull sound
- n. the dull sound so produced
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To throw down with violence.
- To throw one's self down heavily; flop: as, she flumped down into a chair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise
- v. fall heavily
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
(onomatopoeia). Compare plunk. (Wiktionary)