from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy snoring sound in respiration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of heavy snoring.
- n. A heavy snoring sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A heavy snoring sound which accompanies inspiration in certain diseases. Compare stertorous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of snoring or producing a snoring sound
New Latin, from Latin stertere, to snore.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin stertō ("I snore"). (Wiktionary)