from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or sensation of being chilly; a disagreeable sensation of coldness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A state or sensation of being chilly; a disagreeable sensation of coldness.
- n. A moderate degree of coldness; disagreeable coldness or rawness.
- n. Formality; lack of warmth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being chilly.
- n. A degree of cold that causes shivering: as, the chilliness of the wind.
- n. Lack of cordiality; coldness; intentional reserve or distance: as, the chilliness of his welcome.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being moderately cold
- n. a lack of affection or enthusiasm
chilly + -ness (Wiktionary)