from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being brilliant, as:
- n. Extreme brightness.
- n. Exceptional clarity and agility of intellect or invention.
- n. Splendor; magnificence.
- n. Music Sharpness and clarity of tone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being exceptionally effulgent (giving off light).
- n. The quality of having extraordinary mental capacity.
- n. Magnificence; resplendence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being brilliant; great brightness; splendor; luster: as, the brilliance of the diamond.
- n. Figuratively, remarkable excellence or distinction; admirable or splendid quality or qualities; absolutely, conspicuous mental ability or an exhibition of it.
- n. Synonyms Effulgence, Luster, etc. See radiance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted
- n. unusual mental ability
- n. the quality of being magnificent or splendid or grand
Sorry, no etymologies found.