from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The skill of a craftsperson or artisan.
- n. The quality of something made, as by an artisan: a silver tray of excellent workmanship.
- n. Something made or produced by a workman.
- n. The product of effort or endeavor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The skill of an artisan or craftsman
- n. The quality of something made by an artisan or craftsman
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or skill of a workman; the execution or manner of making anything.
- n. That which is effected, made, or produced; manufacture, something made by manual labor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or skill of a workman: as, his workmanship was of a high order.
- n. The execution or finish shown in anything made; the quality of anything with reference to the excellence or the reverse in its construction or execution.
- n. The product or result of the labor and skill of a workman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. skill in an occupation or trade
workman + -ship (Wiktionary)