from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the craft of performing the duties of a priest
- n. priestly policy directed towards worldly ends
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Priestly policy; the policy of a priesthood; esp., in an ill sense, fraud or imposition in religious concerns; management by priests to gain wealth and power by working upon the religious motives or credulity of others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Priestly policy or system of management based on temporal or material interest; the arts practised by selfish and ambitious priests to gain wealth and power, or to impose on the credulity of others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the skills involved in the work of a priest
- n. a derogatory reference to priests who use their influence to control secular or political affairs
“priest” + “craft” (Wiktionary)