from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of the verb to manufacture.
- n. The transformation of raw materials into finished products, usually on a large scale.
- adj. Used in manufacturing.
- v. Present participle of manufacture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Employed, or chiefly employed, in manufacture
- adj. Pertaining to manufacture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making articles for use; the system of industry which produces manufactured articles.
- Pertaining to or concerned in manufacture; industrial: as, a manufacturing community.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making something (a product) from raw materials
Sorry, no etymologies found.