from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being shrill.
- n. The result or product of being shrill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being shrill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being shrill; acuteness of sound; high pitch and sharpness or fineness of tone or voice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being sharp or harsh to the senses
- n. having the timbre of a loud high-pitched sound
From shrill + -ness (Wiktionary)