American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality, fact, or condition of being universal.
- n. Universal inclusiveness in scope or range, especially great or unbounded versatility of the mind.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being universal; unlimited application or extent.
- n. Unlimited adaptability; boundless versatility.
- n. The universe.
- n. the property of being universal, common to all members of a class
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being universal; unlimited extension or application; generality; -- distinguished from
- n. the quality of being universal; existing everywhere
- universal + -ity (Wiktionary)
“But our knowledge of this universality is the fruit of revelation: God has shown himself to us.”
“Their voices deserve to be heard, not the least by the very peoples in the sphere of Globalization 1.0 where their political and commercial elites have, in the name of universality, robbed them of their heritages and their futures.”
“In truth the idea of universality is already being rolled back.”
“And universality is cheaper to administer than a means-tested system.”
“OpenVolokh: Here point about universality is related to her concerns about class and shame.”
“Here point about universality is related to her concerns about class and shame.”
“Her concern about universality is completely logically consistent, given her premise.”
“The universality is a temporal aspect of representativeness, the frequency of cases (percentage of questions) when the opinion of a majority is represented.”
“Any clarity and universality is a byproduct of a master craftswoman.”
“Its universality is now very clear and it can be used in B2C [business to consumer] and B2B [business to business] implementations equally well.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘universality’.
additionality, audit trail, accounting standards, auditing standards, general audit obj..., a posteriori audit, a priori audit, above board, acceptable error ..., access rights, accountability, accountable entities and 1283 more...
basic prices, buying-in price, agricultural levies, agricultural prices, intervention / tr..., intervention stocks, intervention system, interprofessional..., area aid/payment, area-based subsidy, Community financing, direct assistance and 217 more...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Words that, for various reasons, I wish we could do without.
List? What list?
This is the list that makes up the world.
Looking for tweets for universality.