from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality, fact, or condition of being universal.
- n. Universal inclusiveness in scope or range, especially great or unbounded versatility of the mind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the property of being universal, common to all members of a class
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being universal; unlimited extension or application; generality; -- distinguished from particularity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being universal; unlimited application or extent.
- n. Unlimited adaptability; boundless versatility.
- n. The universe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being universal; existing everywhere
But our knowledge of this universality is the fruit of revelation: God has shown himself to us.
Their voices deserve to be heard, not the least by the very peoples in the sphere of Globalization 1.0 where their political and commercial elites have, in the name of universality, robbed them of their heritages and their futures.
In truth the idea of universality is already being rolled back.
And universality is cheaper to administer than a means-tested system.
OpenVolokh: Here point about universality is related to her concerns about class and shame.
Here point about universality is related to her concerns about class and shame.
Her concern about universality is completely logically consistent, given her premise.
The universality is a temporal aspect of representativeness, the frequency of cases (percentage of questions) when the opinion of a majority is represented.
Any clarity and universality is a byproduct of a master craftswoman.
Its universality is now very clear and it can be used in B2C [business to consumer] and B2B [business to business] implementations equally well.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.