from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being fixed.
- n. Something fixed or immovable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being fixed
- n. Something fixed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fixedness; ; also, that which is fixed.
- n. Coherence of parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being fixed; fixed character; fixedness; stability: as, fixity of tenure.
- n. Specifically In physics, the state or property of a body in virtue of which it resists change under the action of heat or other cause.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being incapable of mutation
- n. the quality of being fixed in place as by some firm attachment
Sorry, no etymologies found.