from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being fixed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being fixed; stability; steadfastness.
- n. The quality of a body which resists evaporation or volatilization by heat; solidity; cohesion of parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being fixed; stability; firmness; steadfastness; firm coherence: as, a fixedness in religion or politics; fixedness of opinion on any subject; the fixedness of gold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. remaining in place
- n. the quality of being fixed in place as by some firm attachment
- n. the quality of being fixed and unchangeable
Sorry, no etymologies found.