from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Native American.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American Indian, Red Indian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A common appellation for a North American Indian; -- so called from the color of the skin. It is now considered pejorative by some persons of North American Indian heritage.
- n. A member of the Washington Redskins, a football team.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Red Indian; a North American Indian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (slang) offensive term for Native Americans
From the reddish skin colour of American Indians. (Wiktionary)