from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive Used as a disparaging term for a Black person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of darkey.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a negro; an African-American; -- an older term now considered offensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A negro; a colored person.
- n. A policeman's lantern; a bull's-eye. Dickens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (ethnic slur) offensive term for Black people
Sorry, no etymologies found.