from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive A dark-skinned person, especially a person from northern Africa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with dark skin, especially (but not necessarily) one from northern Africa
- n. a blackamoor slave, a blackamoor servant; and hence any slave, servant, inferior, or child
- n. a stylized Negro
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A negro or negress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A negro; a black man or woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa)
black + -a-, of unknown origin + Moor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)