Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Malacca or the Malay peninsula or the people inhabiting that region; Malay.
- n. Same as Malay.
- n. a person from Malaysia or the former Malaya; a Malay
- adj. of, or relating to Malaysia or the former Malaya; Malay.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the northern Malay Peninsula and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
- n. a member of a people inhabiting the northern Malay Peninsula and Malaysia and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Malaysia
- Malaya + -an (Wiktionary)
“Crossings with so-called Malayan Dwarfs have given good results in this respect.”
“Because the tactical situation and the vegetation in Korea were not conducive to the use of aerially sprayed herbicides (although mosquito spraying took place there), the next armed conflict in which herbicides found significant use was the British campaign against communist guerrillas in Malaya, formally known as the Malayan Emergency.”
“Borneo, Celebes, Sooloo, the Moluccas, and the islands of the Straits of Sunda and Banka, compose what is called the Malayan group; and the Malays located on the sea-shores of these and other islands may with certainty be classed as belonging to one people.”
“Arabians and the Malays, while the Malayan was the very first of the far Eastern countries to adopt the Mohammedan religion and customs.”
“East Indies, the most western of those which may be termed the Malayan”
“Gentile knows that there are phases to campaigns, and one particular paper that has been influential in my thinking (given to me by Gentile) is from The Journal of Strategic Studies, entitled The Malayan Emergency as”
“What has not been generally noted, however, is the fact that nearly all the peoples of eastern Mindanao, usually described as "Malayan" or "Indonesian," are to a large degree Negrito.”
“Malaysia's top financial services group, Malayan Banking Bhd., or Maybank, announced in January that it plans to buy a 44% stake in the brokerage, raising the issue of whether to sell for Mitsubishi UFJ Securities.”
“Shares of Yuanta Financial rose 3.5% after it announced that it will fetch a 7.19 billion New Taiwan dollars in profit from a planned sale of its entire stake in Singapore brokerage firm Kim Eng to Malaysia's Malayan Banking, or Maybank.”
“Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings will sell its 29% stake in Kim Eng after Malayan Banking Bhd., known as Maybank, had expressed its intention to buy out the Singapore brokerage earlier this year, Tsutomu Tanaka , deputy president of Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings, told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview Monday.”
Looking for tweets for Malayan.