from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being pertinent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being pertinent; justness of relation to the subject or matter in hand; fitness; appositeness; relevancy; suitableness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being pertinent or to the point; strict relevancy or suitableness; appositeness.
- n. Relevant or apposite utterance.
- n. Synonyms Relevancy, appropriateness, applicability propriety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. relevance by virtue of being applicable to the matter at hand
From pertinent + -ence (Wiktionary)