from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is relevant.
- n. Relevance; pertinence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The degree to which a thing is relevant; applicability
- n. A relevant thing.
- n. sufficiency to infer the conclusion
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of affording relief or aid.
- n. The state or character of being relevant or pertinent; pertinence; applicableness; definite or obvious relation; recognizable connection.
- n. In Scots law, fitness or sufficiency to bring about a decision.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the relation of something to the matter at hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.