from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A compound with two oxygen atoms per molecule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any oxide containing two oxygen atoms in each molecule.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An oxide containing two atoms of oxygen in each molecule; binoxide.
- n. An oxide containing but one atom or equivalent of oxygen to two of a metal; a suboxide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an oxide containing two atoms of oxygen in the molecule
From di- + oxide. (Wiktionary)