from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A binary compound of chlorine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any salt of hydrochloric acid, such as sodium chloride, or any binary compound of chlorine and another element or radical
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A binary compound of chlorine with another element or radical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See chlorid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any compound containing a chlorine atom
- n. any salt of hydrochloric acid (containing the chloride ion)
chlor(ine) + -ide (Wiktionary)