from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A compound of iodine with a more electropositive element or group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A binary compound of iodine and another element or radical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A binary compound of iodine, or one which may be regarded as binary, in which iodine has a valence of -1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compound of iodine with an element more electropositive than itself: thus, sodium iodide, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a salt or ester of hydriodic acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.