from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The univalent radical NO2 or a compound containing it, such as a salt or an ester of nitrous acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any salt or ester of nitrous acid
- n. the univalent radical -NO2, and the anion NO2-
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A salt or ester of nitrous acid; a compound bearing the -NO2 radical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A salt of nitrous acid. Azotite is a synonym.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the radical -NO2 or any compound containing it (such as a salt or ester of nitrous acid)
Sorry, no etymologies found.