from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A salt or ester of thiocyanic acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any salt or ester of thiocyanic acid; or the -SCN radical or the SCN-1 anion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as sulphocyanate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a salt analagous in composition to a cyanate, but containing sulphur in place of oxygen, as potassium thiocyanate, KCNS, which is produced by the direct union of sulphur with potassium cyanide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a salt of thiocyanic acid; formed when alkaline cyanides are fused with sulfur
Sorry, no etymologies found.