from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A salt containing the negative tetravalent radical Fe(CN)6, used in making blue pigments, blueprint paper, and ferricyanide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various salts containing the tetravalent anion Fe(CN)64-; used in making blue pigments
- n. a complex ion in which a central ferrous iron atom is surrounded by six cyanide ions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a series of complex double cyanides of ferrous iron and some other base.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compound of a base or basic radical with ferrocyanogen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. salt of ferrocyanic acid usually obtained by a reaction of a cyanide with iron sulphate
Sorry, no etymologies found.